An Essential Component of V.A.C.® Therapy
The only NPWT system that monitors pressure at the wound site and adjusts accordingly, patented SensaT.R.A.C.™ Technology ensures the prescribed negative pressure is maintained for optimal healing outcomes.
Why SensaT.R.A.C.™ Technology?
- Movement of wound fluid against gravity, as well as viscosity of the exudate in the tubing, influences negative pressure delivery
- Only SensaT.R.A.C.™ compensates for pressure variances at the wound site due to patient position, movement and exudate characteristics
An in-vitro study* showed that when a simulated wound model was lowered 36 inches (91 cm) below the vacuum pump, the pressure drop was significantly less (p=<.005) using V.A.C.® Therapy with SensaT.R.A.C.™ and GranuFoam™ Dressing than NPWT with gauze or NPWT with reticulated open cell foam without the benefit of regulated pressure feedback and control from SensaT.R.A.C.™ Technology.
What is SensaT.R.A.C.™ Technology?
- Distributes negative pressure to individual sensing lumens
- Helps reduce tubing blocks and false alarms though enhanced fluid dynamics
- Enhances patient comfort with a low profile design
- Efficiently draws exudate away from the wound through the large inner lumen
- Independently monitors target pressure at the wound through the outer sensing lumens
- Allows for secure and convenient tubing connections
- Continuously regulates negative pressure feedback
- Maintains prescribed negative pressure at the wound site by adjusting pump output
- Safety alarms alert caregivers if target pressure is not met or therapy is interrupted
Are your NPWT patients on T.R.A.C.™?
Click here to download a of the SensaT.R.A.C.™ Technology (PFD, 476 KB) information sheet to discuss with others.
*McNulty A, Spranger I, Courage J, et al. The Consistent Delivery of Negative Pressure to Wounds Using Reticulated, Open Cell Foam and Regulated Pressure Feedback. WOUNDS 2010;22(5):114-120
DSL #09-10-542.1W.US (Rev. 06/10)