Last updated October 2015
Acelity LP, Inc., along with our affiliates and subsidiaries, (“Acelity”) respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you.This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we collect on the Acelity websites (collectively, the “Sites”) and mobile applications (“Apps”) that link to this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on the Sites and Apps, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices available regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how to contact us about our privacy practices.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section.
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Access and Correction
- Data Transfers
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Links To Other Websites
- Updates To Our Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
We may obtain certain personal information (such as your name and contact details) when you choose to provide them through our Sites or Apps. In some cases, another individual may provide your personal information to us via our Apps. The types of information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number);
- username and password to access Acelity products and services;
- account number;
- health and medical information (such as wound information submitted by a health care clinician to provide treatment);
- health insurance information (such as your insurance policy number submitted by a health care clinician via to obtain payment for your medical treatment);
- professional information (such as a medical license number);
- payment information (such as payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address);
- biometric information (such as a fingerprint that may be used to log in to an App);
- content you may provide (for example, when you submit an idea); and
- information about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you may apply.
In addition, when you visit our Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we obtain in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, geographic location, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
Back to Top
We may use the information we obtain through the Sites and Apps to:
- create and manage your account;
- offer and provide products and services to you (including wound consultations, fast release ordering of Acelity wound treatment products, and wound assessments that are conducted pursuant to the requirements of certain third party payers, including Medicare, Medicaid and many private insurers);
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys, events, programs, webinars, product information, newsletters, promotions and other offers;
- display content on our Sites and Apps;
- respond to and communicate with you about your inquiries and requests and provide information you request;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- perform data analyses and processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Sites, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Sites, and (iii) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Sites, identify users of our Sites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Sites, how users navigate through our Sites, and how we may tailor our Sites to better meet the needs of our users.
We may use third party web analytics services on the Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Sites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Back to Top
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, subsidiaries and joint marketing partners.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Back to Top
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
Back to Top
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Back to Top
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Back to Top
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Sites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
Back to Top
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, to exercise your rights of access, rectification, blocking, or deletion, or to object to the processing of your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write to us at:
Attention: Privacy Office
12930 Interstate 10 West
San Antonio, TX 78249